- Poll Finds Teens Could Brush Up on Flossing
- Does Dental Insurance Cover Braces?
- Covered California Adds Family Dental Plans. Will All Obamacare Exchanges Sell Dental in 2015?
- 5 Top Reasons to Shop for, Buy Individual Dental Insurance Online
- Remember Dental Exams, Cleanings in Back-to-School Prep
- How Many People Received Dental Insurance through Obamacare Exchanges?
- ADA: More Young Adults Have Dental Insurance Due to Obamacare ‘Spillover’ Effect
- How Much Does a Dental Cleaning Cost without Insurance?
- Can You Still Buy Individual Dental Insurance in 2014?
- What to Do When Dependent Dental Benefits Don’t Last Through Age 26
- Poll Finds Teens Could Brush Up on Flossing September 17, 2014By Jenifer Dorsey A recent Gallup Youth Survey asked teens about their oral hygiene habits, and the findings were mixed. The majority of teens said they brushed at least twice a day and saw a dentist annually, while very few … Continue reading →
- Does Dental Insurance Cover Braces? September 3, 2014On average, braces cost $5,000 to $6,000. For most families, that is no small expense. Paying for braces can be a real financial strain and a source of stress for those who realize their children will eventually need orthodontic treatment … Continue reading →
- Covered California Adds Family Dental Plans. Will All Obamacare Exchanges Sell Dental in 2015? August 26, 2014By Jenifer Dorsey Families who buy 2015 health insurance coverage from the Covered California exchange will have access to dental plans officials announced this month. These family dental plans will include coverage for adults as well as pediatric dental benefits. … Continue reading →
- 5 Top Reasons to Shop for, Buy Individual Dental Insurance Online August 18, 2014By Jenifer Dorsey About 60 percent of Americans have dental insurance, and 99 percent of those dental insurance benefits are obtained through an employer or a group such as AARP, according to the National Association of Dental Plans. So where … Continue reading →
- Remember Dental Exams, Cleanings in Back-to-School Prep August 13, 2014By Jenifer Dorsey Late summer can be a busy time for families with children. Adding one more thing to the back-to-school checklist may seem unpleasant, but the preparatory mindset that comes with this time of year is why it might … Continue reading →
- How Many People Received Dental Insurance through Obamacare Exchanges? July 31, 2014By Jenifer Dorsey Numerous health insurance enrollment reports and analyses have been made available since Obamacare’s 2014 open-enrollment period concluded March 31, 2014. While it seems little information is available regarding the purchase of dental insurance plans under the Affordable … Continue reading →
- ADA: More Young Adults Have Dental Insurance Due to Obamacare ‘Spillover’ Effect July 22, 2014By Jenifer Dorsey While the Affordable Care Act may not require a parent’s dental insurance plan benefits extend to dependents age 19 and older, it seems more young adults have dental insurance benefits—and are using them—since the law took effect. … Continue reading →
- How Much Does a Dental Cleaning Cost without Insurance? July 18, 2014By Jenifer Dorsey Routine dental exams and cleanings are an important part of preventive dental care. A typical preventive dental visit will include an exam and professional cleaning, as well as topical fluoride and a set of X-rays, depending on … Continue reading →
- Can You Still Buy Individual Dental Insurance in 2014? July 16, 2014By Jenifer Dorsey I’m a self-employed individual and purchased 2014 health insurance plan through my state’s Obamacare exchange. However, I did not buy dental insurance during the open-enrollment period and now I wish I had. Is it too late? Open … Continue reading →
- What to Do When Dependent Dental Benefits Don’t Last Through Age 26 July 10, 2014By Jenifer Dorsey My 22-year-old daughter just graduated college, and we learned she can no longer receive benefits through my employer’s dental insurance plan. I thought dependents had to be covered through age 26. Under the Affordable Care Act, dental … Continue reading →
- Poll Finds Teens Could Brush Up on Flossing September 17, 2014
Category Archives: Pet Oral Health
By Jenifer Dorsey Just as you and I need healthy teeth and gums to maintain wellness, so do our four-legged companions. Taking care of our pets’ health care needs means more than keeping up to date on their vaccinations. At-home … Continue reading
We adore our four-legged friends, but sometimes their breath is another story. Diet may be responsible for your pup’s occasional “doggy breath,” but plaque buildup and oral health problems may be a factor in long-term halitosis. Fortunately, there are things … Continue reading