- ADA: More Young Adults Have Dental Insurance Due to Obamacare ‘Spillover’ Effect
- How Much Does a Dental Cleaning Cost without Insurance?
- Can You Still Buy Individual Dental Insurance in 2014?
- What to Do When Dependent Dental Benefits Don’t Last Through Age 26
- Is Oil Pulling Good for Oral Health?
- Delta Dental Survey Results: Dental Insurance Increases Dentist Visits, Dentist Visits Increase Well-Being
- 5 Tips for Buying Reliable Dental Insurance
- What Information Do You Need to Buy Dental Insurance Online?
- Need Dental Insurance? 5 Reasons to Buy It Before a Toothache
- Where Did Wisdom Teeth Get Their Name?
- ADA: More Young Adults Have Dental Insurance Due to Obamacare ‘Spillover’ Effect July 22, 2014By Jenifer Dorsey While the Affordable Care Act may not require a parent’s dental insurance plan benefits extend to dependents age 19 and older, it seems more young adults have dental insurance benefits—and are using them—since the law took effect. … Continue reading →
- How Much Does a Dental Cleaning Cost without Insurance? July 18, 2014By Jenifer Dorsey Routine dental exams and cleanings are an important part of preventive dental care. A typical preventive dental visit will include an exam and professional cleaning, as well as topical fluoride and a set of X-rays, depending on … Continue reading →
- Can You Still Buy Individual Dental Insurance in 2014? July 16, 2014By Jenifer Dorsey I’m a self-employed individual and purchased 2014 health insurance plan through my state’s Obamacare exchange. However, I did not buy dental insurance during the open-enrollment period and now I wish I had. Is it too late? Open … Continue reading →
- What to Do When Dependent Dental Benefits Don’t Last Through Age 26 July 10, 2014By Jenifer Dorsey My 22-year-old daughter just graduated college, and we learned she can no longer receive benefits through my employer’s dental insurance plan. I thought dependents had to be covered through age 26. Under the Affordable Care Act, dental … Continue reading →
- Is Oil Pulling Good for Oral Health? July 7, 2014By Jenifer Dorsey Oil pulling might be the latest alternative oral health craze. It’s appearing in blog posts and news stories with increasing frequency as people rave about and question the oral health benefits of oil pulling. Even celebrities are … Continue reading →
- Delta Dental Survey Results: Dental Insurance Increases Dentist Visits, Dentist Visits Increase Well-Being June 17, 2014By Jenifer Dorsey People who visit the dentist more often report better oral health and overall well-being. Results from the Delta Dental Oral Health and Well-Being Survey, which were released in May, showed that Americans who visit the dentist at … Continue reading →
- 5 Tips for Buying Reliable Dental Insurance June 11, 2014By Jenifer Dorsey Purchasing individual dental insurance be relatively quick and easy (especially online), but it also requires a little research. If you buy from the wrong people and companies, you risk purchasing coverage that is not what you expected … Continue reading →
- What Information Do You Need to Buy Dental Insurance Online? June 6, 2014By Jenifer Dorsey Once you choose a dental insurance plan, applying for and purchasing coverage online takes just a few minutes. Here is how it works at dentalinsurance.org: First, select your coverage from the quoting results provided and click “apply.” … Continue reading →
- Need Dental Insurance? 5 Reasons to Buy It Before a Toothache June 4, 2014By Jenifer Dorsey As the saying goes, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. You might say that is the philosophy behind dental insurance. Dental plans are designed to promote good oral health with robust preventive care … Continue reading →
- Where Did Wisdom Teeth Get Their Name? May 30, 2014By Jenifer Dorsey Having one’s wisdom teeth removed is almost a rite of passage for young adults. This third and final set of molars arrives somewhere around age 17 to 21, perhaps a little later. And while we may be … Continue reading →
- ADA: More Young Adults Have Dental Insurance Due to Obamacare ‘Spillover’ Effect July 22, 2014
Tag Archives: Health Care Reform
Obamacare Deadline Reminder: Enroll by Feb. 15 for March 1 Access to Pediatric Dental and Vision EHB
By Jenifer Dorsey Believe it or not, Obamacare open enrollment for 2014 is more than halfway over. If you want to ensure your child has health insurance as well as the pediatric dental and vision benefit by March 1, 2014, … Continue reading
By Jenifer Dorsey It is now January 2014, which means several key Obamacare mandates have officially taken effect. Many of us have questions about what the Affordable Care Act means for dental insurance. A new video from dentalinsurance.org provides consumers … Continue reading
Lack of Mandate, Pediatric Dental Access, Adult Coverage Among Top Dental-Related Obamacare Concerns
By Jenifer Dorsey With Obamacare’s major provisions only months away from taking effect, we continue to hear about its impact, or lack thereof, on America’s dental health and access to dental insurance. For starters, many dentists, health care advocates and … Continue reading
By Jenifer Dorsey With many Affordable Care Act provisions taking effect on January 1, 2014, health insurance costs are on many minds. The individual mandate requiring Americans to buy major medical coverage, health insurance tax subsidies for those up to … Continue reading
By Jenifer Dorsey The American Dental Association yesterday issued a press release shedding additional light on Obamacare’s pediatric dental coverage requirement. The Affordable Care Act considers pediatric services, including pediatric dental and vision services, among 10 categories of essential health … Continue reading
The Affordable Care Act is changing the lanscape of health insurance and health care in America, dental coverage and oral health care included. An estimated 3 million children will gain dental benefits by 2018 through state health insurance exchanges that … Continue reading